Video Production Manager/Editor
Über den Job
Experienced Production Manager/Editor sought for the nation’s largest African American national nonprofit organization located in Chicago’s South Loop.
This individual hired must be experienced with managing a small production facility with two edit suites, ordering equipment, migrating footage, checking equipment in and out, managing production crew and editing both live to tape TV interview programs with multi-camera shooting as well as documentary style programs. Knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut Pro 7 as well as After Effects and Photoshop a must.
The Production Manager/Editor will:
• Supervise the upgrade of the facility from Final Cut Pro 7 to Premiere and Avid
• Migrate Footage and oversee operation of a tape retrieval system
• Manage Freelance Video Crews that travelled nationally to do talking head interviews for nationally recognized video oral history collection now housed at the Library of Congress
• Updating the database and developing procedures and writing technical documents and manuals
• Editing An Evening With…PBS TV program;
• Photo captioning photos using Photoshop;
• Making DVD dubs of interviews;
• Editing the footage into TV, radio and online documentaries;
• Creating graphics and show opens using Photoshop and AfterEffects
• Data entry into the database;
• Producing reports using the database; and
• Troubleshooting equipment and software as necessary.